Saturday, December 13, 2008

Internet Documentation Of My Brewing Adventures Begins!

Well, damn near everyone else has a blog, so why not me!

I've decided to erect an internet homebase to document my brewing adventures! Baring the work in progress name for my studio apartment stove-top brewery "Poor Man Brewing Company" I will be documenting the development of the beers I make, the beers I drink, and the festivals and events I enjoy. Unfortunately, I've been brewing now for over 8 months and aside from photos of festivals (GABF '08, SIBF '08, Seattle Winter Beer Fest, Seattle Father's Day Fest, Seattle and Fremont Octoberfest included) and a binder with sketches, recipes, dates and such I don't have much documentation. So let's just say it's been a damn good year for beer :)

So here's a brief fill in on where I'm at: I have a bottled Pale Ale that I'm just getting to the end of that, frankly, was BAD. It's incredibly sweet and has an almost sour finish. Something must have gone slightly wrong.. I also has a Porter that's bottled and carbing; and a Stout (my sixteenth beer) that's sitting in the secondary because I tried to keg it a few days ago only to find that I was out of CO2 and the damn fire safety place where I get the gas has hours that don't always work for me. I also brewed a beer on the pilot system at a brewery called Hale's with a friend of mine who's a brewer there that didn't come out quite as planned. We're hoping to brew a clone soon with a few changes and blend the two to make a delicious brew!

Here's a picture of the Stout and Porter hanging out a few weeks back:


Alas, Our Adventure (re)begins!!

No comments: