Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Back on track

Well, with the weather pretty much only getting worse, I've found myself sitting at home reading about/thinking about/drinking a lot of beer. In my thinking/reading/drinking I realized I have two primary and six secondary fermenters that are all empty and begging for something good. So, in the spirit of the holidays I have decide to end 2008 with two yearly beers! These two beers are going to be a Barley Wine and a Cider. On monday then, Alli and I are going to make a cider using a recipe she uses every holiday season for a hot cider and I'm going to make the barley wine :) These two will then ferment out in the primaries for about a week or two and then I'll move them over to the secondary to bulk age for 6-12 months. Sometime during that 6-12 months depending, I'll bottle them up and open them this time next year when I brew 2009's batch! ALSO, I have some friends coming to town to see The Murder City Devils and I asked them what they wanted to drink. They decided on an Imperial Stout. Which means I need to start that ASAP if I even hope to have it ready by the time they get here, so tuesday shall be Murder City Imperial Stout day! I'm very very excited for these beers and I can hopefully get back on a two-four beers a month schedule soon!

Here's the sad emptys:

No comments: