Saturday, January 24, 2009

Heat it up

Well, it looks like the krausen already fell out in Abbot, which I'm really surprised about.. So I'm going to start raising the temp up to see if I can't get them little yeasties poopin' out some of them good esters! I wanted to do a sloped temperature from the beginning, but got kinda apathetic after the first 24 hours. But now that a slow fermentation has turned into an abrupt end, I need to get watchin' that little guy and make sure the magic's happenin'. While I'm doing so though, I'm enjoying the "Trader Joe's Vintage Ale 2008". I noticed it down there about a week and a half ago. They had cases upon cases stacked to the ceiling and I had never even heard of it. Apparently, Unibroue (YUM) brews a special beer this time of year every year for Trader Joe's that's supposed to be deliciously cellerable. I decided though before cellering any (which is a habit that's best gotten into early, and I don't even have one beer set aside) I would just grab one and come back later. Tonight when I went down there though they only had 6 cases left! I still just grabbed one, and it's pretty tasty :) I'll try and get another couple tomorrow to put away for some future vertical tastings.

I plan on bottling the Pale tonight too which is cool cause then I'll finally have something to drink again! (R.I.P. BOBP Porter 2.0 and Black Hole) Which means also that it'll be ready for when the dudes get here for The Devils. That way if the Stout turns out bad we'll have a great sessionable pale to enjoy :)

~CHEERS!

No comments: