Thursday, January 8, 2009

Brew Year's Resolution

Well, in the spirit of progress in the new year, I have decided to make a few Brew Years Resolutions. I figured that if I was to actually write (or type I guess) them down I would actually follow through. So here they are:

Brew a cider, mead, and barley wine every year at the end of december or beginning of january
Brew my first beer of the year all grain!
Build a kegerator
Brew AT LEAST twice a month
READ, READ, READ about your favorite beverage
Enter numerous completitions
Take a beer to the NHC (link)
Get as many friends as possible to come the GABF (link) with me
Learn more about beer and food pairing
Learn more about glassware
Remember on brew day beer is not a substitute for food

I think I can handle those. A year is a very long time. I've actually got a pretty good start! I have a friend who is going to be driving kegs down to the NHC to represent our Homebrew Club and so he said I could toss a keg of something I brew in with him, awesome. I've got 9 books in the mail from amazon. I've already got 2 great friends that I know will come to the GABF. I've already brewed the Barley Wine (it's still bubbling every couple minutes! hahaha it won't stop!) and plan on the cider and mead this weekend. And right now (on my unexpected day off) I'm going to head down to bob's and figure out how much a mash tun is going to cost me to get going on brewing all grain. Not too bad :)


and here's a cheers to my mother, for getting me a kick ass camera for xmas that will further my brewing documentation. (that's that tasty stout I love so much!)

~cheers!
Kyle

No comments: