Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Unfortunate View Of Empty Carboys



Though the sight of empty carboys makes me sad, it's good to know I have 15 gallons of beer in my cupboard :) hahaha.

The IPA didn't really shock me as much as it did when I racked it to the secondary, but it still seemed to come through well on it's way to the bottle. I hate allergies in times like these though... It's hard to really tell how things are coming with a throat lozenge and a runny nose. The Stout however went into the bottles with a smile! It's sooo roasty and creamy! yum yum yum

I'm going to be brewing up Tiger's Blood on Monday morning. I originally made this Amber Ale for my friend Trevor. It was made to be a slightly carmelly good bodied balanced session brew, and the original one I made got me 9th place in the best in show at the Homebrew Fair last year. I did the best I could to scale it from extract to all grain. I think this will be a nice (hopeful) welcome to spring.

Happy Brewing!
_Kyle

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Oh man, I love the sight of empty carboys. It's the same feeling I used to get when I'd put my head down for sleep on Christmas eve. I really miss brewing. Save a Coach McGurk's Black Hole stout for me!