Monday, March 2, 2009

Tiger's Blood

With the exception of feeling like crap all day Tiger's Blood got brewed up without a hitch! I even took pictures of the new system

Here's the HLT (Hot Liquor Tank) and Mash Tun


The Mash Tun has a sparging manifold on the top so as the sparge water comes out of the HLT into the tun it is lightly sprinkled onto the mash so it doesn't disturb the grain bed. At the bottom is a braid to act as a sort of filter to keep the grains from clogging the out end


Here's a picture of it in action..


And here's the boil pot on our tiny stove top


Everything went well after that! The color wasn't as red as I was hoping for but it was other wise great looking. I missed my damn target gravity again. I don't know what's going on with that, but it's frustrating. Oh well, it's still beer and it's fun as hell! Speaking of fun, I'm a terribly huge fan of ribbons. As it turns out, if you make good beer you can get ribbons too! So coming up I'm going to put the IPA and Stout (which I haven't tried yet so I'm going on faith) into 4 competitions. So wish me luck! I'll post back any good news. hahaha

~cheers!

1 comment:

Colin said...

Dude, that's a pretty sweet setup! Brew on!