Tuesday, March 24, 2009

3rd Place Best In Show!

Well, my stout that I've been enjoying so much proved it's worth at the Las Vegas Winterfest! It took first in the Stout category and 3rd in best in show! Here's the link:
http://www.nevadabrew.com/twiki/bin/view/Competitions/Winterfest09Results
I'm so excited! Unfortunately, I totally spaced it out and didn't get the beers into the cascade brewers cup, but I think I'm going to take a big chance and enter the National Homebrew Competition. It's kind of nerve racking, but I think I'll just send it in and expect nothing. There's got to be thousands of people who enter it, and the thought of entering a beer into a competion with the likes of Charlie Papazian, John Palmer and others just blows my mind! hahaha. But I'm still super excited to have taken a place in best in show!!!!
I tried Tiger's Blood today to see how it's coming along and it tastes great! I'm going to try and get motivated enough to bottle it tomorrow. I'm also thinking about finally bottling that barley wine. It's been in the fermenter bulk aging for 3 months now. I'm just worried because I've read a million different dos and don'ts for bottling a barley wine... we'll see how it goes. I'm most likely take a gravity reading and taste it tomorrow when I bottle Tiger's Blood.

EXCITED!
~Kyle

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Congrats! Now you have to be a professional brewer.