Tuesday, June 2, 2009

More good results!

I heard back from the Pudget Sound Pro Am a few days back and did really well!! Sunset scored a 36.5!! And got first in the fruit beer category! Black Hole scored a 33.6 and the Witbier scored a 32 giving those two third place in stout and wit! I knew that Sunset was something special :) So that's super awesome news! I'm excited to get my score sheets back to see what the judges had to say. I mailed off the stout today to the second round of the NHC. It was mostly just a sort of thing where I really don't feel I have even a tiny chance, but oh well I guess you never know. I got my ribbon in the mail from the first round though!!! AWESOME! That's really exciting!

Otherwise there's not a whole lot new. I'm going to keg the Oatmeal Stout, and maybe bottle 12 tonight or tomorrow, and rack Liberation over to the secondary as well. And then tomorrow I'm going to be making a cream ale for a BBQ on the 4th of July. I'm looking forward to that because I don't know a whole lot about cream ales and am excited to do some research.

I suppose that's it for now! I'll be back with news on the new brews!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

been reading your blog lately sounds like your making some awesome beer keep up the good work and congrats on all the ribbons

cassie said...

hahaha.. i love that you have a beer called Black Hole.